February 11st-february 14st 2008
Save time and money !!!
OpenMobileIS will be present on the french pavillon of Barcelona exhibition Mobile World Congress (formelly 3GSM World Congress)
Visit us to discover the power the flexibility and the productivity of our exclusive framework OpenMobileIS.This framework is
fully dedicated to mobile applications development and allows you to create in short time and at low cost powerful mobile apps.
January 15st 2008
The seventh release of the framework
A little late, we have release a new version of Open Mobile IS (R7). This is maintly a maintenance release.
The main evolution is the use of the http client apache version to optimize synchro file download and some bug
corrections. We have done a lot of work on several module that we hope to release soon.
CVS repository is now uptodate with source code.
This release adds the following new features :
* Add Apache HTTPclient for synchro HTTP connection conduit. Use Apache HTTPClient class by default in synchro. Define the org.openmobileis.synchro.direct.conduit.class in synchro.properties to change synchr conduit class. Apache HTTPclient synchro conduit offert better memory management for big synchro file.
* Add an example of a file synchronisation in MyCRM appli.
* Update SystemAPI to plugg multiple DLL depending on the system. Change pocketPC dll in ppcsystemapi.dll. Add method to get terminal unique id.
* Add BOTH_SIDE option to the Synchro conflic resolver.
* Optimize pregenerated fodb synchro file. Files are not loaded in memory.
* add syncStatus attribute to OpenMSPException to force the return status of a synchro target. SyncStatus greater or equals than 300 are considered as error status for the synchro.
Bug Corrections :
* Add buffered stream in ziputil to increase synchro performance.
* Bug correction in FODBLabelFactory.
* Bug correction in the new file synchronisation.
The incompatibilities with the R6 version are :
* Change the fillTemplateWithSessionData in StepEditService.
* Change interface IndexServletContentListener
* default HTTP lib is now Apache. classpath must be updated.
May 25th 2007
Open Mobile IS is providing the sixth
release of the framework
The Open Mobile IS team is proud to annouce the realease of a new pre release R7 of the project. We didn't reach the finale version because the OSGI module integration is more complicated than expected and we start several other Open Mobile IS extention that didn't allow us to spend much time in the OSGI module. Never the less we have done the terminal part of OSGI. We have to finish the server and the synchronisation part.
There is now a folder call "deploy" in the zip archive that contains the OSGI Open Mobile IS bundle and a new folder named bundle in the MyCRM example that contains the MyCRM bundle
This release adds the following new features :
* adds a progress bar GUI during synchronsation. Do show it add the org.openmobileis.synchro.ui.progressbar=true in openmis.properties.
* adds proxy support in synchro connection. adds the following properties in synchro.properties :
* to support template in jar file, we change de fremarker version. We integrate the 2.3.8 version. The new fremarker jar is freemarker238.jar. Template can now be put inside the application jar.
* better simultaneous synchronisation management
* increase performance of the synchronisation of big file (several Mb).
The incompatibilities with the R5 version are :
* FODB init and getCurrentFODB change. See the SimpleOpenMISInit class. FODB manage must be registered now by calling registerManager(). To get access to FODB use FastObjectDBManager.getManager().getCurrentFODB(). The call is now compatible with all manager’s call.
* Fremarker use new the 2.3.8 version by default. Update your freemarker.jar file with the freemarker238.jar.
Last points : We started severals projects around Open Mobile IS to add better support for PocketPC and Linux PDA, Push synchronisation, P2P synchronisation to facilitate the synchronisation of big file, PIM management.
mobile IS is an open source project that aims
at providing all the necessary tools, API, and
documents which enable effective nomad applications
May 30h - June 2nd 2007
Ubikis will take part in the 2007 edition of the LinuxTag
the world's biggest event dedicated to free software.
It will be the opportunity for us to demonstrate the power of the openmobileIS framework through a lecture by Phillipe Delrieu, the project leader of the OpenMobileIS project.This lecture, focused on mobile applications development, will take place in Room N°2, July 1st, from 12.00 to 01.00 PM.
Ubikis will be hosted at the the Cetril stand. ( stand 12.40).
For further information about linuxTag please see : www.linuxtag.org
For an abstract of the lecture : http://www.linuxtag.org/2007/en/conf/events/vp-freitag/details.html?talkid=82
Ubikis will be present at the Mobile Office
Meet us in Paris at stall B75 and discover the
Open Source Open Mobile Is solution supported
more information @ http://www.mobileoffice.fr
Last minute news : The
Openmobile Is project wins the "trophée
du libre" of Soisson
(international free sofware contest)
in the" firm management" category
Selected among several hundred other projects
this award is the acknowledgment of the qualities
of innovation and durability of a project initiated
more information @ http://www.tropheesdulibre.org/
June 28th 2006
See the Open
Mobile IS framework in action !
Ubikis will participate at the 2006 edition
of RMLL (rencontre mondiale du logiciel libre)
this summer.This event, dedicated to free software,
will be for us the occasion to demonstrate the
power of the openmobileIS framework.
Phillipe Delrieu, project leader will develop
an simple application during his conference
time (July 5th at 9.50 a.m).
This application will show the main components
and how they are used. for more information,
please visit the official site:http://prog.rmll.info/wakka.php?wiki=ThemeMiddleWare
Third release of the framework